Sunday, 14 September 2014

D&D 5th Edition has landed

Now before we get started I would like to make it clear that this is not a review of 5th Edition D&D, to simply put it there are enough online reviews of WoTC new version of D&D and I am not about to write another one.

This is mostly due to the fact that I am no professional writer and also because I am far too busy reading the 5th Edition PHB and enjoying it.

I've played a few different versions of D&D, starting with the red box when I was 8 and then five years after that being introduced to AD&D 2nd Edition by a friend from school.

AD&D 2nd Edition was the version that I played/loved/read the most, and as you can see from my blog I still play it now.

However times are a changing and even though I didn't like D&D 3rd Edtion or even attempted to play 4th Edition I feel that after reading the new PHB cover to cover that WoTC have finally created a version of D&D that is not only true to its roots but also a much improved and streamlined version of the rules.

So with that in mind I will now be embarking on a new adventure of my own, learning, playing and enjoying 5th Edition D&D and it is a adventure I am not taking alone.

My new PHB and Hoard of the Dragon Queen books.


I bought two boxes of the Icons of the Realms models from my local games stockist.
Great to see a couple of Dragons in the boxes, I have no idea how rare these models are but it was a nice surprise. No doubt I'll be heading back to the same shop tomorrow on my lunch break from the office to purchase a couple more.

No comments:

More 4ground goodness

Horgar's Blacksmith I bought this lovely model at Salute this year and I have finally finished building it, I have a few of these 4...