Skip to main content

Blipdoolpoolp....The Sea Mother

Here are a few pictures of the Blipdoolpoolp model that I crafted, I used two separate models that I bought. One was a large female serpent and the other was some sort of lobster monster.

I had to remove the arms up to the shoulders on the female serpent model, drill small holes and then attach the lobster claws. Once that was done I used milliput to fill in the gaps between the arms and also around the waist then I covered her face in milliput as well. Covering the face was done so that I could give her a less human visage, I later added some more details to the head and face like the antennae and lobster mandibles.

All in all I am very happy with the model, she towered over the PC's as you can see and had her vengeance for what the party had done....hell hath no fury like a huge lobster lady scorn.!

You can see the basic model here, I made the mistake of fixing the body to the serpent tail before adding the new arms.

You can see from this picture that I detached the body and then clipped the arms up to the shoulders, I then drilled some holes so that I could fox the new lobster claws into place.

Almost done, the new arms were fixed into place using glue and milliput.

Here is the completed model, the arms fixed into place and the body and serpent tail attached,

I have base painted the model in black, once this dries I will start painting this beauty. I am a bit worried about painting this model as it is quite large but as soon as she is done I will add some new pictures.


Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mines of Phandelver - The End.

And so the final chapter in our first group foray into the world of D&D 5th Edition has come to an end, and what an end it was.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****.
There were Hobgoblins, Undead, Ankhegs, more Undead, Giant Mushrooms that stank and the final fight with Black Spider.
Here are some pictures of the epic dungeon that we played on Saturday, as you can see from the pictures our DM created a huge set piece dungeon from nothing more that a tonne of polystyrene, paint, sweat and love and what can I say apart from that it was amazing.
We started gaming at around 11am GMT on Saturday and we finally finished the dungeon 16 hours later on a early Sunday morning. 
Enjoy the pictures.
And so we begin, everything looks nice and tidy at this point of the day. Needless to say by the end of the dungeon and 16 hours later there were a lot more cups of coffee, food wrappers and tired gamers strewn about the place.

As you can see the dungeon was made from a huge SLAB of polystyrene which was then crafted,…

Ark of the Mad Mage - update

Hi all, 

So I set up this blog to document a AD&D dungeon that I created/copied which is based on the excellent pod casts and PAX 2013 D&D dungeons run by Chris Perkins for his "(in)famous" D&D crew.

If you have seen or listened to these pod casts and videos then you will know the back story of what this dungeon was and how is played out with the DM and players. However I wanted to re-create the dungeon for my group of gaming friends so that they could experience the game for real.

When I first set out to write this dungeon I spent a lot of time listening, watching and then re-listening and re-watching the various pod casts and videos so that I knew the original dungeon concepts inside and out. 

Hopefully you will enjoy what I have presented here and you will be able to see how I moved from the original concept of bringing this dungeon to the table and how it finally played out.

I haven't informed any of my friends who I am running this dungeon for that I have set…

Lost Mines of Phandelver - Thunder Tree Village

So me and my gaming friends got together again at the weekend to play the next part of the D&D adventure Lost Mines of Phandelver.

Here are some photos taken by myself and one of the other players.
The first set of pictures show the village of Thunder Tree, we travelled here to find a druid who we hoped would help us find Cragmaw Castle.
The village of Thunder Tree
The ruins of Thunder Tree
Outside of the druids tavern, we had a big fight with a horde of Ash Zombies and the druid got out some popcorn and watched the battle.
Green Dragon lair....not quite big enough for his liking so he might be moving home soon.
Awesome Ettercap that we fought, this was made by the DM and scared the hell out of party.